Adoption timeline

Lilypie

Friday, July 17, 2009

Waiting in line is NO FUN

So, I have been really up and down lately, emotionally. Isn't it odd how quickly one's mood can be affected by another? Do you think animals are like that - does Betty get pissed off when Max, the golden retriever next door, starts griping about his troubles? I have NOTHING to complain about. Seriously, nothing. My life is so ridiculously good that I should be slapped whenever I gripe. But I am a sponge, and when those around me are unhappy, I feel it too. Is this unusual? Is it a female thing? Or just a me thing? I am totally and completely affected by the mood of my children, my husband, my friends, etc. I am easily swayed in either direction. I am for the most part an upbeat person; I am optimistic and look for the good, because I would much rather be happy (even in denial!) than unhappy. But when I hear the negative chirping in my ear long enough, it drags me down. This is especially tough when it is about an issue over which I have little or no control. I do my part, and if others don't, it stinks, but what can I do? I am bossy by nature, but I can't always tell everyone else what to do (or to do it MY way). Unless of course, you are my children, in which case I have no issue! Ha! Sometimes I wish I could yell - "Do the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!" to those around me. But, I can't so I deal. Watching folks take the easy way out is really frustrating. In the big picture, I do believe that "what goes around comes around" but in the immediate, I want to shake people and make them see how they affect others. Sorry, this is all somewhat veiled and vague. It is just me needing to vent again. Speaking of venting - where are the baby girl referrals? Seriously? where are they???? We have been number 5 for several weeks now. I had really hoped to have the referral before my girls' trip to Boston - so we could do some shopping, etc. Guess that isn't in the larger plan. In the mean time, we were blessed with a surprise email this morning from a friend - offering us their beautiful beach house for the weekend. So, the Rings are headed to the coast for some much needed bonding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment