Adoption timeline

Lilypie

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Only News... is really no news...

The agency emailed today to tell us that the person they now believe is Samantha's birth mother is coming to the transition house on Friday to verify that this is infact the child she relinquished. Our agency has requested a new court date. They have also requested that Samantha have all new medical tests, and then after they meet with the mom, they will create an entirely new profile. I still don't know my daughter's birth name.

This has been unbelievably hard. We knew there was a very good chance our case could fail the first time through - it happens to a lot of people. We certainly never played out this scenario, though. For the last 24 hours I find that the littlest things make me well up and start to cry. Every time I think of her - stuck there even longer, I get so sad. How could this happen? We got her referral in September. Why didn't something happen sooner that would have shed light on the situation? Why, when I kept asking about the age discrepancy didn't anyone probe further? UGH. I am such an optimist, and I am really struggle to look at this as a glass half full right now. Maybe I will get there, but I am a long way away right now. And... I apparently won't have any more answers for another week...

No comments:

Post a Comment